Configuration Management Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 5, 2022
Zoox’s System Design and Mission Assurance (SDMA) team constructs the Safety Case and validates that our vehicles are safe enough to be deployed for autonomous driving. SDMA enables Zoox to rapidly iterate and safely expand capabilities through trustworthy, innovative, and pragmatic safety engineering. As a Configuration Management Engineer at Zoox, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving.
The Configuration Management Engineer will work with partner teams modernizing configuration management for high-fidelity test assets and vehicles. Get cross-functional buy-in where new processes need to be implemented or changed. Implement changes and new processes, monitor usage and refine to keep engagement high and the databases current and useful. Ensure that vehicles used for tests have known safe configurations to keep operations running smoothly and safely. The ideal candidate has proven experience implementing configuration management and quality management systems in a team environment focused on complex system development.
- Define the safety-relevant electrical hardware and software configuration across the autonomous robot
- Author, implement and maintain configuration management documentation, processes, and policies
- Establish the process to define and track the hardware and software configurations of test assets
- Participate in change control board reviews of hardware and software changes to evaluate safety impact
- Ensure the team adheres to the configuration management standard methodologies
- Collaborate with partner teams on process improvements and issue resolution
- B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related degree
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Engineering Process Development or Quality Management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with authoring or configuration tools such as Google Office Suite, Microsoft Office, Draw.io, Lucid Chart, Doxygen, XML, Markdown, Adobe, Confluence, Jira, Polarion, etc.
- Experience with an autonomous vehicle development company, an automotive company, or their suppliers
- Technical education background in a related field, including Science or Engineering
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $141,000 to $202,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.