Vehicle Program Director
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Zoox is developing autonomous mobility from the ground up. The Vehicle Program team ensures that this groundbreaking vehicle is delivered, meeting its high-performance targets while remaining on time, within budget, and to a very high-quality standard.
Reporting to the Director of Vehicle Program Management, the Vehicle Program Director is responsible for program management and delivery of one of the vehicle programs within Zoox. The L5 program is Zoox’s ground-up robotaxi, created to optimize the full autonomous rider experience. It embodies the future of transportation enabled by the bespoke design of an autonomous vehicle. This role serves as the chief technical and program lead for our L5 robotaxi vehicle. You will be responsible for high-impact decisions, both technical and strategic in nature.
- You will work cross-functionally with the Vehicle Development team and across Zoox to plan and execute the vehicle program.
- You will determine program milestones: Work with core team members to define key program timing.
- You will define the deliverables: Align on requirements for each team at each milestone and define the benchmark for completing them.
- You will set the schedule: Build a realistic and achievable timing plan with input from core program team members.
- You will review progress: Create regular status checks to ensure the program remains on track.
- You will track Progress: Create and maintain a clear dashboard showing program status.
- You will resolve or escalate issues: Collaborate with teams to find solutions or mitigations.
- You will escalate for management support: Ensure appropriate resources are in place across the cross-functional team to execute program deliverables.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of experience in engineering or program management in the automotive or equivalent industry
- Demonstrable track-record of managing complex cross-functional projects involving hardware and software
- Experience in product development at all stages; product ideation, design, release, prototyping, validation, launch and production
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts)
- Program management certification
- Proficiency using JIRA to capture and track engineering development tasks
- Experience with root cause analysis in high pressure environments
- Product execution in a highly dynamic start-up environment
- There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $200,000 to $300,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
- Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?