Senior Policy and Regulatory Affairs Manager - Federal
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2022
The Policy and Regulatory Affairs team at Zoox is a cross-functional organization responsible for advancing Zoox's public policy and regulatory goals, including working with federal agencies such as the US Department of Transportation National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Congress. The Senior Policy and Regulatory Affairs Manager will lead Zoox's congressional and regulatory government relations and public policy practice at the federal level, while also representing the company before trade associations and think tanks in Washington. This position will also support the policy and regulatory work at the state and local levels in areas where Zoox is operating. This position will sit in Washington, D.C., and report to our headquarters in Foster City, CA.
- Engage directly with federal policymakers, regulators, industry stakeholders, and key opinion leaders to shape policy and regulatory outcomes
- Track current and emerging policy and legislation at the federal level while developing and executing Zoox political strategy
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with federal agencies; including the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA); Congress and other key external stakeholders and policymakers
- Work closely with other teams at Zoox, including Legal, Safety and Communications teams, to ensure up to date knowledge of company plans and reporting policy/political developments with analysis
- Manage consultant relationships and represent Zoox before trade associations and think-tanks
- 10+ years of government relations or public policy experience within government and/or relevant nonprofits, public interest groups, companies, or industry association
- Skilled and experienced at persuasively and diplomatically advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences
- Experience in translating complex policy and legislation succinctly and persuasively to support Zoox policy and regulatory affairs objectives
- Knowledge of Federal legislative dynamics and decision-making, and an expansive political network
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the Department of Transportation, NHTSA, or with congressional committees with oversight of autonomous vehicles
- Advanced Degree (J.D., MBA, MPP, MPA, etc.)
- 3+ years working on transportation technology policy
- Experience working with national associations that represent state and local government in Washington
- Experience with policy and regulatory affairs related to autonomous vehicles
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $128,000 to $183,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.