Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 2, 2022
Imagine a vehicle that can drive in either direction, that is fully symmetrical, and where the passengers sit in a carriage arrangement. The front-row occupant is rearward facing. Now, imagine the restraint system can protect all four passengers at NCAP 5 start performance levels. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, release, and launch of a new generation of passive restraint systems for Zoox's autonomous vehicles. You will support the development and help integrate restraint performance to deliver this complete system, rather than just components.
Zoox is setting the bar for autonomous vehicle safety. Come join the team!
- You will redefine the occupant restraint systems for future mobility.
- You will work cross-functionally with engineering teams across Zoox to align on packaging, design, styling studio surfaces, and manufacturing processes to deliver the optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost.
- You will lead world-class suppliers to develop one of the most advanced, comprehensive occupant restraint systems ever conceived.
- You will work cross-functionally within the Zoox Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Procurement teams to ensure the restraint systems manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability.
- You will complete technical documentation, including documentation of DFMEAs and DVP&Rs.
- BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in automotive restraint systems component and subsystem engineering (OEM or Tier I level)
- Design of components and assemblies in CATIA V6 or the equivalent in experience
- Working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
- Experience with restraint modules or restraint subsystems testing and data analysis
- Experience with technical documentation to include DVP&R and DFMEA.
- Experience with technical documentation in at least 1 full lifecycle vehicle program, including the documentation of DVP&Rs and DFMEAs.
- There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $155,000 to $255,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
- Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?