Systems Validation Engineer, Vehicle and HIL
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 2, 2022
As a systems validation engineer at Zoox, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You will be responsible for developing and executing vehicle, Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL), and simulations testing for autonomous safety-critical systems.
- Design effective and efficient test programs to achieve test coverage and full system validation of safety requirements and scenarios, drawing on: analysis, simulation, HIL testing, and vehicle testing.
- Analyze system requirements to understand the safety concept.
- Design, develop, and operate test equipment and test automation infrastructure.
- Develop and execute the technical and logistical planning of tests including cross-functional coordination with other teams: systems engineering, firmware, vehicle engineering, operations, software HIL, and AI software.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in the field, and trace failures to subsystems and components.
- Perform test data analysis and report test results. Define and develop automated data extraction and analysis tools to streamline analysis and reporting.
- Maintain traceability between requirements, test cases, and results.
- Create automated HIL tests and contribute to test automation frameworks using python.
- B.S. or higher degree in Engineering or Science, such as Automotive, Aerospace, Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems Engineering, or other related fields.
- 3+ years of test engineering experience in the Automobile, Robotics, or Aerospace industry
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics and vehicle drive and chassis systems (such as motors, brakes, and steering)
- Knowledgeable with automotive electronics and communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet)
- Experience with automated testing using Python
- Analytical skills and hands-on experience
- Experience developing integration and test plans and procedures for safety critical automotive systems, robotic systems, and/or autonomous vehicles
- Familiarity with CAPL
- Familiarity with programming languages such as C or C++
- Experience with Linux Systems
- System validation experience within safety standards such as: ISO-26262, ISO-21448, ARP4754A, ARP4761 (or other regulated fields such as medical devices or aerospace)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $184,000 to $231,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?