Senior Systems Engineer - Collision Avoidance
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 9, 2022
As a Collision Avoidance Systems Engineer at Zoox, you will have the opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to improve the system design to ensure the safe deployment of autonomous driving technology. You will partner closely with algorithm, software and firmware engineers to ensure the desired system attributes are realized in the software implementation. This requires a deep understanding of the system including interdisciplinary interactions and design tradeoffs.
- Perform system and subsystem level hazard analysis to identify potential safety issues which may affect the performance or reliability of the vehicle
- Develop performance requirements for traffic conflict scenarios
- Decompose requirements into the system architecture in collaboration with partner teams
- Define Feature Roadmaps with partner teams to support development milestones
- Assist development of validation methods and tools with partner teams based on real world driving and simulation
- B.S. degree in an Engineering discipline or Computer Science
- Experience in Vehicle Dynamics, Motion Planning or Perception
- Experience with hazard analysis analysis, Failure Modes Effect Analysis (FMEA), fault tree analysis (FTA), System Theoretic Process Analysis (STPA), etc.
- Collaborative team player with strong written and communication skills
- M.S. or higher in an Engineering, Science or other relevant discipline
- Experience of whole product lifecycle from concept phase through launch
- Experience in delivering projects which are complex, novel or have partially complete requirements
- Experience in safety critical systems
- Experience in Advanced Driver Assist Systems, Autonomous Vehicles or Vehicle Controls
- Familiarity with ISO26262 and ISO21448
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $171,000 to $245,000 A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.