Milestone Project Coordinator
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2023
Zoox is making its way to public roads! The company is expected to launch a robotaxi service to the public in the near future. In preparation for that launch, Zoox will plan and execute many intermediate milestones to gradually progress our software, firmware, operations, and overall service. The Milestone Project Coordinator will work closely with the Demo and Milestone Program Manager to plan, coordinate, train, schedule, and execute company milestones. This role will work closely and cross-functionally with other Zoox teams like software, firmware, SDMA, PMO, and Vehicle Engineering to plan and deliver a successful milestone.
While this position is based in Foster City, frequent travel (primarily throughout the Bay Area) is expected.
- Schedule, organize, and support vehicle operations missions in support of milestones and other events
- Monitor vehicle requirements and performance for milestone missions
- Ensure milestone execution is aligned with the plan of record
- Ensure all company and safety guidelines are followed during mission execution
- Assist with documentation, reporting, and training additional milestone support
- Assist with the streamlining and coordination of milestone plans, schedules, and tasks
- Identify risks, mitigations, and contingencies related to Software and/or Operator performance
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Software, Firmware, PMO, SDMA, and other Fleet Operations leads
- Assist with all facets of the operational requirements of the project from initiation to closeout
- Drive both internal and external stakeholders to meet deadlines as required per the project schedule
- Demonstrates awareness and upholds the highest standard for all environmental, health, and safety protocols
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork-based culture
- Proven ability to proactively identify and solve problems and improve operational efficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel occasionally
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment while adapting quickly to change
- Ability to understand project interdependencies and the impact of decisions across stakeholders
- Ability to identify risks and develop risk mitigation plans
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Ability to balance operational expectations with project reality
- Ability to facilitate communication and coordination between experts, stakeholders, and customers
- 6 months of L5 Operations experience and knowledge
- Previous experience supporting company and project milestones or high-priority events
- Previous experience working in the autonomous vehicle industry
- Experience drafting and publishing official operational manuals, procedures, or other documentation
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $58,000 to $97,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?