Manufacturing Process Engineer
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2023
The Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for assembling, diagnosing, and testing Zoox’s Level 3 and Level 5 autonomy vehicles. As a Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will be responsible for creating, developing, and implementing all processes required to build and test our vehicles. This will include supporting the development and implementation of a process plan, build sequences, line balancing, MBOM management as well as design for manufacturing (DFM) with the vehicle engineering team. In addition to developing manufacturing processes, this role will also work cross-functionally to address build issues.
- Perform DFM on new processes
- Meet with the current team to perform risk assessments on existing processes
- Design new manufacturing processes
- Ensure processes comply with safety and Zoox’s Manufacturing Standards
- Perform process simulations and troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Develop routines and best practices for ME
- Develop standardized work instructions and provide process sheets to the manufacturing processes
- Support PFMEA development
- Support SAP, ERP, and MES integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience within the automotive industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing new manufacturing processes and developing standardized work instructions and process sheets
- Experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and MES integration with enterprise systems SAP, ERP, Delmia, and 3DX
- Experience with NPI, supply chain, and manufacturing operations as applicable to MES
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and/or lean manufacturing principles
- Experience with Manufacturing process definition, sequence of operations, human factors consideration, efficient material flow
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $146,000 to $241,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?