Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Simulation Scenario Editor
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2023
Do you enjoy creating intuitive interfaces that makes complicated systems easy to understand and use? Are you interested in applying your skills to build tools for testing and ensuring the safety of autonomous vehicles? The Simulation team at Zoox is looking for you to work on our Scenario Editor tool, and enable creation of scenarios of all kinds that capture the challenges of real world driving.
- Develop autonomous driving simulation scenario editor platform to define, inspect, & evaluate the performance of autonomous driving software in any simulated scenario.
- Develop C++ simulation framework to ensure all desired scenario concepts are available.
- Develop web front-end for graphical 3D definition of detailed autonomous driving simulation scenarios.
- Develop web back-end to interact with simulation and driving software / AI.
- Industry experience developing in C++
- Experience or interest developing web user interfaces (UI / UX)
- 8+ years of experience in a related field
- Experience in Python, Flask, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Experience with TypeScript, Vue, Three.js,
- Experience with simulation or game development
- Experience with robotics or autonomous vehicles
- A MS in Computer Science or related field
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $190,000 to $280,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.