Manager, Mapping Data Software
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Our Calibration, Localization, and Mapping (CLAMS) team is responsible for building the algorithms and tools necessary for keeping Zoox vehicles well calibrated, always knowing where they’re located within the world, and aware of their environment. Without precise calibration, localization, and mapping our vehicles would be at a disadvantage when it comes to perceiving and reasoning about the surrounding world, and is therefore foundational in enabling results from many other teams across Zoox. This work is critical for scaling autonomous driving in a safe and reliable way.
We are looking for engineers who are ambitious and excited about helping Zoox deliver on its goals to deliver autonomous mobility. The Mapping Data Publishing, Access, Deployment, and Scaling (Data PADS) team is responsible for how data is created, maintained, accessed, and deployed on-vehicle. The team forms the foundational requirements and design architecture of the data pipelines across the department. Data PADS works with the Calibration, Localization, and Mapping verticals to set a high bar for data integrity and scalability.
- Lead a team of 5-10 software engineers working on a variety of interrelated projects
- Work closely with POCs in the Calibration, Localization, and Mapping verticals, gathering requirements and driving design discussions for existing and new data pipelines
- Work with downstream clients across the org to establish clear guidelines for healthy data usage patterns. Encourage adoption of best practices across the org
- Expand the team’s size and scope to handle more data design use-cases across the department
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience developing large-scale data content pipelines
- Passion for code correctness, testability, modularity, and elegant architectures
- Drive to build a highly scalable mapping system
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- Experience with SQL / database design
- Experience working with cloud and web technologies (AWS, S3, EC2, SQL)
- Experience working with geographic data
- Familiarity with SLAM
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience designing metrics and knowledge of statistics
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $210,000 to $293,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?