Team Lead, Electrical Serviceability Engineering
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 8, 2023
As the Team Lead of Electrical Serviceability at Zoox, you'll lead a team of engineers and writers in developing and providing robust and efficient electrical and diagnostic infrastructure, tools, and documentation. Your goal is to enhance operational uptime for Zoox's autonomous vehicle by enabling efficient troubleshooting. You'll drive Design for Serviceability (DFS) for electrical systems, software, and controls, collaborating with field technicians to identify improvements. Your role involves presenting comprehensive reports on opportunities to enhance efficiency and reduce costs for electrical repairs. Your team will evaluate diagnostic functions and tools at various levels, ensuring user-friendly solutions for technicians. Collaborating with multiple departments, you'll optimize maintenance and repair activities, ensuring seamless coordination across Vehicle Engineering, Software, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Prototyping, Data Science, and Fleet Operations.
- You will engage in the recruiting and hiring process for new personnel and provide new-hire onboarding, training, and communicating expectations.
- You will serve as a coach and mentor to full-time staff and manage their priorities and projects and ensure the timely delivery of all project deliverables to meet company milestones.
- You will collaborate with engineering teams for seamless integration of electrical components and electromechanical systems and evaluate electronic controls for design interchangeability, compatibility, and bring-up support.
- You will Integrate serviceability requirements into vehicle, subsystem, and component specifications while supporting wiring system serviceability and developing schematics for troubleshooting and repair ease.
- You will collaborate cross-functionally to develop standardized diagnostic and electrical repair strategies while designing, developing, and validating on-board and off-board diagnostic test tools.
- You will Identify, design, and release electrical test and repair tools and prioritize the timely release of documentation in diagnostics, wiring schematics, software programming, and more.
- Bachelor's degree with focus in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Automotive Technology, or equivalent field education
- 6+ years experience as an electrical/diagnostic engineer, hands-on experience as an automotive diagnostic or engineering test technician, or equivalent industry
- 2+ years of people leadership experience
- Diagnostic engineering or field/test technician experience, must understand vehicle communication networking protocols and tools, ability to comprehend schematics and electrical diagrams, and proficiency with automotive diagnostic procedures and tools
- Demonstrated successful diagnostics experience on electromechanical systems within a product design, manufacturing, or service environment.
- Experience designing and developing products through the lifecycle and product and process validation
- Experience with topic-based writing concepts, Markup language experience (HTML, XML, DITA XML, or SGML)
- Experience with XML/DITA authoring software (oXygen, XMetaL, FrameMaker, or Arbortext)
- Experience with JIRA, Github, Confluence, Adobe Creative Suite, CATIA 3DX (or similar CAD programs)
- Knowledge of vehicle communication networking protocols (CAN/LIN/Ethernet) and tools with Unified Diagnostic Service (UDS) protocol (ISO 14229) experience
- SAE required diagnostics standards experience (i.e., SAE J1850, ISO 9141-2)
- Automotive Open System Architecture (AUTOSAR) experience
- Hands-on automotive dealership or fleet technician experience
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $150,000 to $196,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.