Marketing & Communications, IT
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 8, 2023
As a Team Lead on the Base Operations team, you will build-out the diagnostic/troubleshooting section of the Technical Publications website. This entails managing a team of technical writers to support Zoox's autonomous vehicle projects. In this role, you will develop and create component/system/vehicle level diagnostic and controller procedures to help ensure ease of use/understanding by the Base Operations technician teams. You will collaborate with Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial Design, and Prototyping to ensure the accuracy of content that supports the Maintenance and Repair optimization of our products.
Zoox is developing autonomous mobility from the ground up, including creating a unique vehicle tailored to autonomous driving. The Base Operations team at Zoox supports all fleet-level maintenance, repair, and upgrade operations. This includes the back-end engineering team that delivers various aspects of technical content and support, with a key focus on improving safety and operational efficiencies.
- Provide new-hire onboarding, employee training, and management of team objectives
- Work cross-functionally with engineering teams across Zoox to develop and finalize troubleshooting/diagnostic processes
- Create and manage technical content for the following: Diagnostics/troubleshooting, Wiring harness information, Software programming, Post-repair bring-up, Component/vehicle calibration proceduresFleet upgrade and rework procedures, Technical service bulletins
- Ensure the accuracy of technical documentation through a cross-functional review and approval process
- Prioritize the timely release of key deliverables to support company milestones
- Project manage documentation priorities for multiple direct reports
- Strong written/oral communication skills and cross-functional teamwork skills
- Exhibit high attention to detail and safety acumen
- Ability to multi-task and manage a workload to achieve project deliverable deadlines
- Practical diagnostic technical or field experience, ability to comprehend schematics and electrical diagrams, and proficiency with automotive diagnostic procedures and tools
- Bachelor's degree with focus in Technical Writing or Automotive Technology or 4 - 6 years experience as an electrical/diagnostic engineer, automotive diagnostic technician, or technical writer
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Experience with topic-based writing concepts
- Markup language experience (HTML, XML, DITA XML, or SGML)
- Experience with XML/DITA authoring software (oXygen, XMetaL, FrameMaker, or Arbortext)
- Experience with JIRA, Github, Confluence, Adobe Creative Suite, CATIA 3DX (or similar CAD programs)
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Experience with writing to a style guide
- Knowledge of vehicle communication networking protocols (CAN/LIN/Ethernet) and tools
- 3D CAD experience, CATIA
- General understanding of electric and autonomous vehicle architecture
- Hands-on automotive dealership or fleet technician experience.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $109,000 to $180,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?