Senior/Staff Android Software Engineer - Tablet
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2023
Zoox is looking for a seasoned Android Engineer to join the In-Vehicle Experience Engineering team. The position comes with a high degree of independence and the opportunity to help shape our In-Vehicle rider experience roadmap. Your work will be highly visible, at the forefront of our service rollout. In your development work, and in interactions with infrastructure teams, we will expect you to be essential in establishing practices and interfaces that result in a robust, usable, and secure system: from Rider, to AWS Cloud, to Zoox’s self-driving vehicle.
- Manage and own the design and implementation of Zoox’s user-facing applications for Android tablet as well as embedded environments (infotainment console based on Android AOSP).
- You will be expected to set and implement current best practices in mobile development.
- We also expect you to independently collaborate with our talented design and product teams on identifying and solving questions about how our users (riders) can access Zoox services in the most efficient and intuitive manner.
- BS / MS in Computer Science or similar degree with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong background in development in Android.
- Deep understanding of Android UI and “backend” mobile development.
- Demonstrated experience building high-quality mobile apps from scratch all the way to production and ongoing maintenance.
- Proven intuition about usability and skills to back the intuition with data, such as by using (A/B testing).
- Verifiable long-term ownership of public-facing applications through multiple releases.
- Dynamic, driven and hands-on, yet capable to multitask across functions.
- Experience with mobile testing frameworks and services.
- Experience interfacing with external components defined and maintained by other entities.
- Experience with custom/specialized Android devices, AOSP or other embedded Linux.
- iOS development experience.
- Proven leadership in mobile development.
- Meaningful contribution and ownership of a highly-popular, heavily downloaded app.
- Strong background as a CS generalist.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?