Software Engineer - Software Systems Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 8, 2020
The Software Systems Infrastructure team is responsible for aiding the Software Systems organization with all its internal tooling needs, and development processes and ensuring that all safety-critical software meets a high safety bar for production vehicles. We are a full-stack high-paced software engineering team.
In this role, the candidate will help establish infrastructure, and design and develop software tools that will automate, track, or audit processes and methods needed to build safety-critical software that will revolutionize transportation in the 21st century. Borrowing principles from avionics, automotive, and other safety-critical industries, the candidate will work with software, systems, and firmware engineers across the Zoox software organization, ranging from state-of-the-art AI Perception, all the way to highly-critical RTOS and middleware components.
In this role, you will:
- Develop infrastructure and tools to support the Software Systems org that can help enable software developers to achieve, track, and build safety-critical code.
- Primarily develop in Bazel, Python, ReactJS, and TypeScript and also be responsible for setting up backend infrastructure (database, web servers, etc.) and will be interfacing with software developed in C++ and Python.
- Be comfortable to whip up quick scripts to automate tasks, such as generating metrics, establishing traceability, etc, when necessary.
- Developing and maintaining tools that support cross-functional teams in their efforts towards developing software that adheres to a High Assurance Process.
- Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment; solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
- 5+ years of industry experience working on large code bases
- Strong proficiency in SQL/NoSQL databases like Postgres, MongoDB, etc
- Experience with Linux and systems programming
- Experience with build systems, version control, and testing methodologies
- Familiarity with Static and Dynamic Analysis Tools - such as Coverity, Valgrind/Helgrind, CCM, etc
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- Familiarity with Systems Modelling Languages such as SysML or AADL
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $160,000 to $256,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.