Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Software Systems Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 8, 2020
The Software Systems Infrastructure team is responsible for defining SW development processes and ensuring that all safety-critical software meets a high safety bar for production vehicles.
In this role, you will help establish infrastructure, design and develop software tools that will automate, track or audit processes and methods needed to build safety-critical software, that will revolutionize transportation in the 21st century. Borrowing principles from avionics, automotive, and other safety-critical industries, you will work with software engineers and systems engineers across the Zoox software org, ranging from state-of-the-art AI Perception, all the way to highly-critical RTOS and middleware components.
- Develop infrastructure and tools to support the Software Systems Infrastructure team to enable Software developers achieve and track system and functionally safety.
- Primarily develop in Python/C++ and also be responsible for setting up backend infrastructure (database, web servers, etc.) and will be interfacing with software developed in C++ and Python; and our Bazel build system.
- Be comfortable to whip up quick scripts to automate tasks, such as generating metrics, establishing traceability etc. when necessary.
- You will be developing and maintaining tools that support cross-functional teams in their efforts towards developing software that adheres to a High Assurance Process.
- Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment; solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience working on large code bases
- Strong proficiency in Python or C++
- Experience with Linux and systems programming
- Experience with database, front-end and back-end systems
- Experience with build systems, version control, and testing methodologies
- Robotics, Automotive or Aerospace software experience
- Familiarity with Deep Learning Infrastructure
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- Familiarity with Systems Modelling Languages such as SysML or AADL
- Familiarity with Static Analysis Tools - such as Coverity
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $203,000 to $293,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?