Manufacturing Engineer, Digital Manufacturing
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2023
The Digital Manufacturing team focuses on developing and maintaining the digital manufacturing processes in 3DX that support our need for mass production. The goal of this position is to develop robust, efficient, and scalable processes for our current production, and ensure the process integrity for our future ramp-up. This role will be responsible for setting up the best practices and standards for creating our MBOM (Manufacturing Bill of Material) and our BOP (Bill of Process). In addition, this role will work closely with a cross-functional team such as Vehicle Engineering, Software Engineering, and Quality to ensure close integration into the PLM.
- Develop and maintain the entire assembly and test process in Delmia
- Create and manage the MBOM and BOP for all Zoox’s vehicles
- Work closely with the Process Engineers and PLM to release and maintain the accuracy of the Engineering BOM (eBOM)
- Support ERP and MES integration
- Drive the improvement of the vehicle design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Ensure processes comply with safety and Zoox’s Manufacturing Standards
- Perform process simulations and troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Develop standardized work instructions and provide process sheets to the manufacturing processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in using Dassault 3DX (Catia and/or Delmia)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing new manufacturing processes and developing standardized work instructions and process sheets
- Experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Experience with Manufacturing process definition, sequence of operations, human factors consideration, efficient material flow
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $128,000 to $210,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?