Sensor Software Developer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
We seek a highly skilled and experienced software developer to join our team. The Software Sensors group is responsible for developing the drivers for the lidar, radar, and camera sensors on the vehicle, which are critical components for the perception and planning stack. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development and be able to design, implement, and maintain high-quality, robust code that meets the vehicle's specific use/safety case.
- Develop and maintain driver software for lidars, radars, and cameras sensors on the vehicles
- Work closely with the perception, planning, and advanced hardware teams to ensure the drivers meet the required specifications
- Develop and maintain highly performant, robust, safety-critical code that meets the specific use/safety case of the vehicle
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure the software sensors integrate seamlessly with other vehicle systems
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong proficiency in C++ programming language
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
- Experience with developing drivers for lidars, radars, or cameras
- Experience with safety-critical systems and software development methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with automotive software development
- Experience with Linux networking and debugging network-related issues
- Experience with developing software for embedded systems
- Experience with real-time systems
- Skilled with working in a large code base
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $165,000 to $213,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?