Senior/Staff Security Engineer - PKI
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
Zoox is seeking an experienced Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Engineer who will be responsible for helping ensure the security of our customers, staff, systems, communications, and data.
The PKI Engineer will support the implementation, maintenance and upkeep of the Zoox X.509 system. This work will include PKI build out, training of staff in PKI usage, and documentation of the same. The candidate will work closely with other departments to ensure proper and secure usage of certificates at Zoox for purposes such as user identification, code signing, server certificates, certificates for mobile devices, certificate suspension, key recovery, and other associated tasks. The candidate will help develop the programs, tools and processes required to ensure the viability of the Zoox PKI system.
This role requires a detail oriented, documentation obsessed personality. As has been demonstrated time and again, operational mistakes in this realm can be extremely costly both in terms of time and money. The ideal candidate will understand the real world and technological challenges required to allow an organization to run a successful PKI system.
- PKI engineering and administration
- Thorough understanding of X.509 and associated RFCs
- Practical knowledge of how to use keys and certificates to secure data at rest and in transit
- Ability to use OpenSSL or other utilities to build and analyze certificates, CRLs, and other related tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. You will be working in a cross functional role and have visibility across the entire enterprise
- Ability to develop and document policies and procedures as well as explain their significance
- Aptitude to address negative situations, and resolve them in a positive manner
- BS / MS in Information Security or similar and/or 8+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years focused on PKI administration and engineering
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault
- Strong knowledge of AWS cloud engineering and operations
- Understanding of infrastructure as code
- Software development experience, ideally with Go
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $180,000 to $260,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?