Senior Inventory Cost Planner, Logistics
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
You will lead and manage all inventory control processes within the Logistics department and the cost changes related to product changes. You will be responsible with the team for budget control & development, operational reporting, forecasting, and long-term planning during the prototype and production phases. You will work cross-functional collaboration among Logistics department leaders, production scheduling, manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, and inventory planning teams. You will provide inventory cost support for all operational and administrative management partners and liaise between Logistics and finance/accounting leadership. You are highly organized, possess strong project management skills, and have the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and manage budget, forecasting, and long-term planning during the prototype and production phases.
- Keep tight control of the bill of materials changes through the engineering change control processes.
- Lead and manage all inventory value control processes within the Logistics department
- Collaborate with production scheduling, manufacturing, engineering, and procurement departments to understand budget implications derivate from production and design changes.
- Conduct and present variance analysis, and identification of gaps, trends, and opportunities within the department.
- Partner with supply chain and inventory planning teams to ensure material delivery is aligned with the budget forecast and make adjustments to forecast accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in inventory control, logistics, or supply chain management
- Experience within automotive and similar industries.
- Proficiency in financial planning and analysis interacting with ERP
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with SAP S4/HANA
- Master in Business Administration or Industrial Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in inventory control, logistics, or supply chain management
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $137,000 to $224,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.