Manager, Software Integration Test
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment. Solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
As an Engineering Manager supporting the integration, test, and release of software, you will help accelerate our product development by leading a team of test engineers to deploy the most reliable and safe autonomous driving software possible. As developers build new features, you and your team will develop extensive test plans, design system integration tests to execute different scenarios, measure system performance, and triage issues seen during on-vehicle and offline testing. These efforts are critical to maintaining the quality of code in the main repository with no regressions to safety or driving characteristics. You will be required to create opportunities to automate testing and optimize development and test processes, perform code reviews and enforce best coding practices.
You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across the Software organization, making contributions to directly impact and improve developer productivity, working closely with release engineering, infrastructure, and platform test teams. Your ability to understand the overall system design and component interaction to help guide test methodology for functional and safety sign-off will be crucial for the success of this role.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or a related field
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies in the software development life cycle
- 5+ years experience in test development in electronics, automotive, aerospace, or a related industry
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Track record of building automation frameworks and toolchains to improve speed and reliability of test execution
- Knowledge of CI and build systems (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, Bazel, etc.)
- Experience building cross-platform software with source control (Git)
- You should have strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- HIL/SIL/ Simulation test experience
- Experience with industry tooling and best practices: GitHub, scientific libraries and visualization tools, cluster computing, and CI/CD
- Fluency in Python or another object-oriented language
- Experience with the rigorous verification and validation of complex robotics/software systems
- Professional experience in an autonomous driving company
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $185,000 to $235,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?