Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Synthetic Data
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
Accurately perceiving the world is foundational to autonomous driving. To support this, the Zoox Simulation team is looking for experienced engineers to build multi-sensor synthetic data for training our perception ML models using our in-house 3D engine. You will collaborate with ML researchers, technical artists, and simulation engineers to build synthetic data, rapidly iterating to teach our robot how to perceive the real world.
- Develop procedural systems for environment building and object variation.
- Build 3D art pipelines for leveraging large databases of 3D content
- Design and execute ML experiments alongside computer vision engineers
- Improve rendering and tooling for generating photoreal data at scale
- 6+ years of professional experience in 3D simulation, games, or VFX
- Experience designing multi-threaded real-time systems
- High proficiency in C++
- Experience with Python
- Experience in computer vision or robotics
- Experience in synthetic data for machine learning
- Experience with lidar, radar, or camera simulation
- Experience automating 3D content pipelines using apps like Houdini, Maya, or Blender
- Experience in distributed systems and cloud computing platforms
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $210,000 to $300,000 to [range maximum]. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?