Electrical Integration Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Zoox's Advanced Hardware Engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of sensor technology as well as the compute platform for our vehicles. In this role, you will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to design high-speed digital and embedded systems in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements.
As an electrical integration engineer, you will work alongside electrical engineers on the team to validate our system operations stand alone and across multiple platforms. You will apply your expertise and knowledge in electrical engineering, robotics, automotive, and computer science to mature our designs.
- Integration of multiple compute and control electrical subsystems. Ensure functionality/performance of multiple electrical subsystems across various corner conditions.
- Design validation of electrical subsystems on vehicles and test platforms.
- Support the debug of vehicle-level issues. Focus on triaging low-level HW integration issues that are specific to sensor, compute, and control subsystems
- Support EE design of subsystems by assisting with circuit board design (including part selection, circuit design and simulation, schematic capture, and layout review)
- Create software tools to help guide our team’s electrical engineers in making data-based decisions.
- Cross-functional collaboration with software, mechanical, and integration engineering teams
- BS or MS in Electrical/Computer/System Engineering
- 5-7 years of professional work experience
- Strong electrical engineering, analog circuits, and power electronics fundamentals
- Proven track record of working with cross-functional teams on complex problems
- Experience in board and system-level testing and characterization
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation tools
- Working knowledge of schematic design and PCB layout tools
- Hands-on lab experience such as soldering, and experience with lab equipment (power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes)
- Familiarity with common industry technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, Base-T networking, I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USB
- Lab scripting/test automation experience (Python, LabView, MATLAB)
- Experience with database interactions and data analysis
- Experience with RF and EMI characterization, or Mechatronics experience
- Experience with environmental testing (vibration and thermal)
- Familiarity with Altium and Cadence design tools
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $139,000 to $240,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?