Staff Software Engineer - Autonomy Integration
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Zoox is transitioning from research and development to an operational business with a public-facing product. As we are expanding our fully driverless geofences, the integration efforts of the onboard autonomy software becomes more complex. In this position you will lead those integration efforts which span across the overall onboard driving software (perception, prediction, planning, control, localization). We are looking for somebody who has the “desire to ship” and have a big impact. This role gives you high visibility within the company and is critical for successfully launching our autonomous driving software.
- Work with the driving behavior metrics team to translate onboard driving experience into offline metrics.
- Be the key interface to the different driving software development and testing teams
- Lead the driving software hill-climbing phase for fully driverless releases.
- Guide the driving software development efforts based on the developed metrics and onboard driving experience.
- Define and bring to life new processes that guide our autonomy software development.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Physics, similar field(s) of study, or equivalent practical knowledge.
- 10+ years of experience in a production level software environment.
- 3+ years of experience in a related field (e.g. autonomous driving, robotics, ADAS).
- Ability to “have a feel for the drive”.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Programming experience in C++ and Python.
- Strong understanding of a complex autonomy software stack.
- Experience working on self-driving problems (Perception, Prediction, Planning, Simulation).
- PhD in computer science or related field.
- Understanding of the autonomous vehicle industry.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $250,000 to $320,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?