Threat Analysis and Security Standards Lead
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
The Product Security Threat Analysis and Security Standards team is responsible for the structured security analysis of Zoox products and the judicious application of security standards to the System Development Life Cycle at Zoox.
The ideal candidates will have a strong general systems engineering background and demonstrated passion and concrete expertise in cybersecurity. Including experience with the security and safety analysis of complex cyber-physical systems. A demonstrated skill in turning the analysis into high-quality written deliverables (such as TARA). Also a
proven ability to analyze, plan, lead, and execute standards compliance efforts that balance near-term pragmatic business and cybersecurity wins with a longer-term vision.
- Carry out security analysis, threat modeling, and risk assessment for a complex product ecosystem consisting of a custom-designed and built vehicle fleet as well as a portfolio of cloud services.
- Produce high-quality, readable, structured artifacts such as TARAs that reflect the security analysis performed (previous bullet) and help guide the company’s efforts in the cybersecurity domain.
- Interface with a multitude of engineering teams within Product Security as well as across software and hardware engineering. Build and maintain a strong understanding of the underlying engineering constraints and factor that understanding into the analysis and recommendations.
- Analyze existing and emerging standards in cybersecurity (both general and domain-specific) and distill the analysis into a plan for adoption that is well-grounded and focused on tangible business impact.
- (LEAD) Apply good judgment and seek strong ROI and impact from all of the above activities. Maintain a focus on business impact both in the near-term (months and quarters) as well as the long term (years).
- (LEAD) Define and implement a team growth plan within the product security analysis and standards space.
- Master’s degree in CS or related engineering field (software, hardware, systems); Ph.D. strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated engineer’s grasp of cybersecurity: big picture as well as details of specific vulnerabilities and attacks in the software and cyber-physical domains.
- Track record in the analysis of complex systems for cybersecurity and the delivery of impactful, actionable insights.
- Understanding of the current state as well as the evolution of cybersecurity standards as they relate to the cloud and cyber-physical systems. Direct, demonstrated experience with (including the practical application of) ISO 21434, NIST CSF, SOC2 Type2 (and similar frameworks and standards) will be considered an advantage.
- Proven technical leadership ability is a must; some people management experience is strongly preferred.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $241,000 to $317,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?