Senior Program Manager, Vehicle Deployment
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
The Program Management Office (PMO) at Zoox is responsible for driving cross-functional program planning and execution at the highest level. We partner with leaders from across the company in vehicle development, system design, software engineering, manufacturing, fleet operations, and business functions to develop and deliver major corporate milestones on the path to launch and beyond.
Zoox plans to launch Robotaxis in multiple cities. The Vehicle Deployment Program Manager is responsible for working with various organizations at Zoox and securing the readiness of vehicles from the time they leave the factory to their first drive on the public road. This role is highly cross-functional and requires candidates to build the processes and enable the team to help scale rolling out Robotaxis in the market.
- You will work with the vehicle domain leads to plan the production of the required number of vehicles required for a successful service, including proper testing and validation of the platform.
- You will define and secure the infrastructure to validate these vehicles after completing the build.
- You will work with various organizations to secure the functionality of the vehicle to drive on the public road, spanning hardware, software, and operations.
- You will work with the stakeholders to build the infrastructure for the vehicles to move from the factory to their service location and to enable operations once the vehicles arrive at the location.
- You will establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- You will gain a strong technical understanding of our vehicle platforms, software lifecycle, clearance process, and test operations.
- Candidates should have delivered processes that operationalize complex scenarios involving multi-parties and multi-locations
- BS or equivalent degree or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting with a focus on product launches and/or validation and testing
- Proficient in tools or processes required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts, risk matrix, Smartsheet, JIRA etc.)
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills are a must, ability to create visualizations of KPIs and program risks
- PMP or equivalent
- Experience with autonomous vehicles, test platforms, simulation, and/or automotive or aerospace processes is highly desired
- Experience with developing and scaling strategy, processes, plans, procedures, reporting, and handling escalations
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $130,000 to $216,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?