Team Lead, TeleOperations
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
The TeleOperations team at Zoox ensures our autonomous vehicle completes missions by leveraging real-time remote human context to navigate complex scenarios. We are a multi-faceted team, responsible for feature product development, structured testing, and serve as the operations link between operations and software departments. You will be working closely with leaders within the Fleet Operations organization, as well as assisting and interacting with multiple teams across the company including TeleGuidance, PMO, User Experience, and Product. Our Team Leads are disciplined team players, and believe in doing everything it takes to safely accomplish the mission.
As a TeleOperations Team Lead, your role will be to lead a team of TeleOperators in ensuring they understand and execute on both short and long-term targets. Team Leads at Zoox are hands-on with their team, working with & alongside them on a daily basis, leading by example to ensure all software and hardware tests are executed to Zoox’s high standards. You will be the field expert for tools, features, and functions related to TeleOps workflows, coordinating and streamlining processes in support of Fleet Operations at Zoox. This role will work a swing shift from roughly 3:30-midnight.
- Uphold a safety-centric, inclusive, and open-communication culture
- Support tacticians in day-to-day operations keeping in mind the TeleGuidance requirements
- Complete all administrative tasks with regards to team management, including, but not limited to, interviews, timesheet approval & schedule validation
- Conduct written and oral performance feedback with direct reports at regular intervals
- Support TeleOps and Fleet Operations Management through process improvement across safety and efficiency for the team
- Work closely with other Team Leads and Program/Project Managers within TeleOps to ensure their team stays aligned with Zoox’s overall goals
- Become knowledge experts on Zoox’s proprietary software related to TeleOps
- Motivate and mentor direct reports to execute and deliver to Zoox’s high standards
- Interact with contractors assigned to Zoox to answer questions, provide information, and ensure they understand and execute on their job assignments
- Support missions through a wide variety of roles based on the team’s current needs
- Provide guidance for 10 or more hours every week with a priority on safety, to ensure that you stay up-to-date with the current state of TeleOps
- Other related duties as assigned from time to time by leadership
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Proven ability to problem solve and improve operational efficiency
- Proactive mindset and resourcefulness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with team members and management and explain technical issues
- Experience as an Instructor or Lead within an operations team, or equivalent management or leadership experience
- Experience in leading or managing a highly cross-functional team
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $76,000 to $143,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?