Project Manager, Places & Build
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
As Project Manager, you will oversee the entire project life-cycle of design and construction for Zoox’s various real estate assets. Our capital projects include various typologies - from office and amenities to engineering/R&D, manufacturing, testing/proving grounds, fleet operations, fleet charging, and fleet service sites. Project sizes, complexity, and budgets will vary from $50K to $30M+.
You will own project delivery beginning with pre-lease site due diligence and project planning all the way through project occupancy and closeout. The ideal candidate will need to know all aspects of project delivery- including fiscal and schedule, design, construction, and delivery.
- You will lead multiple capital construction projects of various complexity from initiation through close-out.
- You will be responsible for the execution of the entire project lifecycle. This includes pre-design, RFP, contract negotiation, design, engineering, bidding, permitting, construction, and commissioning.
- You will manage all facets of a project including comprehensive budget management, schedule, procurement, quality & risk
- You will partner with internal cross-functional teams at all levels to develop project programs and work plans to meet project charters.
- You will drive internal and external stakeholders to meet the deadlines required per the project schedule.
- You will lead the development of highly optimized designs with both internal and external partners
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a related field such as Architecture, Construction Management, or Engineering required
- Minimum 7+ years of industry experience with 5+ years of direct Owner-side design/construction project management
- Comprehensive experience leading capital projects between $2M-$30M+
- Comprehensive experience in technical (R&D, manufacturing, industrial or related) design and construction.
- Comprehensive experience directing architectural and engineering design and reviewing and commenting on associated documents and specifications.
- Comprehensive experience guiding both general and specific design decisions for a large variety of project typologies (e.g. from office/amenity to a drive-in thermal chamber to a manufacturing facility)
- Expert knowledge in procuring, analyze, negotiate, and direct architect, engineer, vendor, and contractor contracts and other legal documents
- Strong knowledge of MEP systems, including both engineering and construction
- High proficiency in Bluebeam and MS Project, with P6 highly desired.
- High proficiency in Excel, particularly in budget development, budget management, and project specific tasks (e.g. coordination of equipment lists and associated MEP-specific requirements, using Zoox-developed templates)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presentations at the executive level
- Strong ability to produce and deliver compelling, concise, and persuasive presentations and project status reports for leadership
- Strong ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time while independently maintaining priorities
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Strong ability to think creatively and to provide non-standard solutions
- Strong ability to identify risks and develop risk mitigation plans
- Works well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to contribute individually to broader team goals and company mission, without ego.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $123,000 to $177,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.