Manager, Mission Operations
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Fleet Operations is at the vanguard of operations at Zoox. Today, our various teams are charged with executing across vehicle operations, teleoperations, and engineering support for our robot fleet. In preparation for our commercial launch, we are creating a new Mission Operations team within Fleet Operations. We are seeking an experienced manager that will build and lead the team that will manage, coordinate, and allocate real-time resources across multiple operational locations from our HQ Fusion Center - the Command and Control hub for the Level 3 test fleet and Robotaxi vehicles.
As the Manager for Mission Operations, your team will be responsible for ensuring that the myriad of R&D testing occurring across all operational locations is executed efficiently, safely, and meeting our internal customer needs, as per the plan. Further, you will be building out the strategy for the real-time management and revenue tracking of robotaxi fleets across all commercial locations, and the interoperability between the HQ Fusion Center and City Fusion Centers, assist in maximizing efficient use of the fleets, profitability, the support to the management of real-time incidents, and the development of regular team and executive level information to support corporate-level decision-making.
This role will work closely with all levels of management in the organization, across the safety processes, Software, Hardware, and Security.
- Building and leading an awesome team of MissionOps Specialists, across multiple locations, with empathy and expertise. Some travel to new and existing locations is required.
- Working with the Program Management team, Product Management team, and other key partners to develop plans and operational processes to support testing and service operations.
- Develop daily and weekly processes for the management of real-time operations, and associated reporting automated and semi-automated structures.
- Providing effective prioritization and delegation, working closely with the Director and other leadership, to proactively identify risks and mitigation strategies to de-risk and accelerate goals.
- Supporting the development of service tenets and creating ways to quantitatively assure that the highest levels of customer safety and delight are delivered.
- Building strong relationships with executives and other key stakeholders to provide an understanding of the current state of Mission Operations and forecast the availability of resources.
- Working effectively in the gray space; bringing clarity to uncertainty, to enable tactical and strategic decision making.
- Budget and forecasting management for Mission Operations.
- 5+ years of management experience in leading diverse and decentralized technical operations.
- Experience in tracking, and positively impacting, revenue and cost metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to develop diverse and exceptional teams from scratch.
- Demonstrated ability to define, streamline, and mature operations over time.
- Prior experience developing and using data and metrics to support strategic decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to concisely and effectively communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Superior people and stakeholder management skills.
- BA/BS in management, business, or associated degree.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $123,000 to $237,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?