Senior Software Engineer - Perception Data Platform
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
You will be part of a team deploying state-of-the-art AI solutions for the Zoox autonomous driving Perception stack. As a member of the Perception team, you will be part of the “eyes and ears” of the Zoox autonomous driving stack, deploying state-of-the-art AI solutions to ensure safe and effective driving. In this role you will be responsible for scaling up systems to measure performance of state-of-the-art models on PBs of multimodal data.
We are seeking a highly skilled Data Engineer for building scalable data pipelines that enable the use of simulated and ground truth perception data for training and validating Perception ML models.
Think you have what it takes to build the best machine learning systems on this planet? Come join us!
- Design the data pipelines and engineering infrastructure to support Zoox’s machine learning systems and data mining at scale
- Develop and maintain ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes for data ingestion and transformation to make data readily available for ML models training and validation
- Maintain high quality data pipelines implementing data quality checks, ensuring data consistency and accuracy and adherence to data engineering best practices
- Design and implement data models and data storage solutions for fast, reliable and user-friendly data querying.
- Collaborate with data scientists, machine learning engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure that the data pipelines meet the requirements for machine learning models and make recommendations for changes or upgrades.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, ETL development, and data modeling.
- Experience with data pipelines for machine learning training and/or validation / MLOPs frameworks
- Experience designing and building complex data infrastructure at scale and familiarity with data processing frameworks, such as Spark or Hadoop
- Experience operating a workflow manager (such as Airflow, Kafka, Jenkins, Kuberflow)
- Strong expertise in SQL, experience working with relational databases and understanding of data warehousing concepts and techniques.
- Experience with cloud-based data solutions, such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Proficiency in Python or C++
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $180,000 to $293,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?