Senior Stability Analytics Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Stable and reliable transportation is the key promise of autonomous mobility. You will help build the data-driven decision-making machine to help Zoox achieve that promise. You will partner with the Data, Engineering, and Operational teams to build out the data pipelines, dashboards, and analyses that drive investment in stability. You will play a key role in architecting new data products to understand and predict all classes of issues that occur in the interconnected, complex systems of an autonomous robotaxi.
You will join the Platform Stability team inside of Software Core. We are a vertically integrated team of Systems-oriented engineers who are responsible for creating software for responding to, mitigating, and understanding all sources of instability in our on-bot software. We are looking for a statistically-minded senior engineer to help enable data-driven decision-making for our work and for Zoox.
- Defining key performance indicators and predictive models for the stability of the fleet of autonomous driving robots, in collaboration with the Data team
- Architecting new data products to enable Engineering and Operations to gain access to insights from our varied and complex autonomous driving dataset
- Working on all stages of the analytical data pipeline to produce both software and actionable insights
- Identifying key areas of investment for the company to improve the stability of the vehicle platform
- Scaling our triage and investigative processes and infrastructure to meet the growing company
- Experience designing metrics to drive decision-making at various levels in an organization
- Data generalist with some degree of experience as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist, and Data Analyst
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with Python, R, or Scala
- Sound statistical inference skills, with the ability to communicate uncertainty appropriately to engineering and business stakeholders
- Experience with Spark or large-scale data analysis
- Experience operating a workflow manager such as Airflow
- Experience with large-scale vehicle or device health telemetry
- Experience with dashboarding tools like Looker
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $205,000 to $267,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?