Team Lead, Rider Operations
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
The Rider Operations team at Zoox ensures the success of all customer interactions with our robotaxi service. We are the human partner to the robot AI, providing an amazing support experience to our customers. In preparation for our commercial launch, we are growing our team to support the challenging delivery of traditional customer service with specialized real-time rider support during customer rides. You will be working closely with leaders within the Fleet Operations organization, as well as assisting and interacting with multiple teams across the company including Product, PMO, and User Experience. Our Team Leads are disciplined team players, and believe in doing everything it takes to safely accomplish the mission and ensure the rider is cared for.
As a Rider Operations Team Lead, your role will be to lead a team of remote operators in ensuring they understand and execute on both short and long-term goals. These remote operators will be serving as the real-time, human point of contact for Riders; including providing ride information, troubleshooting issues, and assisting the rider on next steps in the event of a service disruption or emergency. Team Leads at Zoox are hands-on with their team, working with & alongside them on a daily basis, leading by example to ensure all rider interactions are executed to Zoox’s high standards. You will be the daily operations expert for all communication expectations, workflows, and tools related to Rider Operations, coordinating and streamlining processes in support of Fleet Operations at Zoox.
- Uphold a safety-centric, inclusive, and open-communication culture
- Support Rider Operators in day-to-day operations
- Complete all administrative tasks with regard to team management, including, but not limited to, interviews, timesheet approval & schedule validation
- Conduct written and oral performance feedback with direct reports at regular intervals
- Support Rider Operations and Fleet Operations Management through process improvement across safety and efficiency for the team
- Work closely with other Team Leads and Program/Project Managers within Rider Operations to ensure their team stays aligned with Zoox’s overall goals
- Become a knowledge expert on tools related to Rider Operations
- Motivate and mentor direct reports to execute and deliver to Zoox’s high standards
- Interact with contractors assigned to Zoox to answer questions, provide information, and ensure they understand and execute on their job assignments
- Support rider missions through a wide variety of roles based on the team’s current needs
- Other related duties as assigned from time to time by leadership
- Proactive customer-facing customer service experience
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Proven ability to problem solve and improve operational efficiency
- Proactive mindset and resourcefulness
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely communicate in speech and writing, as well as listen to, interpret, and escalate customer needs to leadership
- High level of empathy in communication style
- Experience as an instructor or training lead within an operations team
- Bachelors Degree
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $58,000 to $97,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?