Staff/Senior Staff Platform Software Engineer - CI/CD
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Zoox is developing state of the art autonomous vehicle software for our purpose built vehicle. We believe that developing the end to end product will not only get us to market faster but will also result in a superior customer experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and building an effective and scalable CI/CD solution that addresses complex problems and impacts the end-to-end development and release lifecycle. You will be playing a critical role in enabling our engineers to rapidly develop and deliver our safety-critical autonomous vehicle software and improving the speed, quality, and reliability of software delivery processes, via building innovative new solutions for running reliability, quality and safety checks at scale. You will be working with cross-functional teams to ensure that our CI/CD platform is reliable, efficient, and continuously improving. This is a critical role to squash inefficiencies and unreliability in our development process, enhancing the development productivity, ensuring software quality, and streamlining the release process.
- Design, implement, and maintain an efficient and scalable CI/CD platform
- Collaborate with product teams and release management to gain a deep understanding of company needs, identify any issues or gaps in existing systems and processes, and develop innovative solutions to enhance developer productivity and streamline release efficiency.
- Define and implement metrics to track developer productivity, release efficiency, and platform performance and reliability and identify areas for improvement.
- Work closely with SRE teams to ensure that the platform is reliable, performant and highly available.
- 8+ years of experience in building CI/CD platforms or software engineering role
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools and technologies such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Git, and AWS
- Experience with containerization and microservices architectures
- Strong understanding of software development and release lifecycles
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality
- Experience in operating with large monorepos
- Experience in Infrastructure as code like Helm, Terraform etc
- Experience in Bazel
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $234,000 to $342,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.