Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 6, 2023
Zoox is looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for the enterprise network infrastructure. This role is a combination of operations and projects. A successful candidate for this role will have strong project management and organization skills as well as the ability to context switch at a high level. A great Network Engineer will provide excellent customer support that will complement their technical skills. This individual will work with a variety of teams to design, implement, and maintain Zoox’s enterprise network. This role will have a direct impact to support the growth of our company.
- Maintain network availability.
- Function as an escalation point for our Client Support team.
- Own enterprise network deployments (rack and stack to configuration).
- Maintain vendor relationships including ordering and tracking carrier circuits and networking hardware.
- Develop and track key metrics and log data for response and review.
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation.
- 5+ years of relevant Network Engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of routing and switching protocols with Arista and/or Juniper.
- Experience with high-availability service design models.
- Experience with Palo Alto and/or Fortinet Firewalls.
- Knowledge of Meraki wireless infrastructure.
- Ability to analyze network packet traces/captures.
- Well-versed in enterprise policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Ability to create network diagrams, documentation,MOP’s and runbooks.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $130,000 to $180,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.