Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
The Data team leverages data from our autonomous vehicles and operations to determine autonomy and service readiness. We provide the foundation for strategic decision-making at Zoox. You will develop and implement the next generation of our data pipeline to ensure visibility into our business as we scale toward the launch of an autonomous mobility service. You will define the system and build the pipeline to enable Zoox to develop and scale with a data-first culture.
You will join a diverse, experienced team with rapidly growing scope and responsibility while also having access to one of the most unique data sets in the autonomous vehicle industry. Hence, we are seeking all skill levels to grow with the team.
In this role, you will:
- Design, build, and maintain the pipelines that transform autonomous vehicle data at scale to support analytics throughout the company
- Build and contribute to tools that help discover data, support data governance and ensure high data quality
- Contribute to design and development of data infrastructure that can scale to support our exponentially increasing data needs
- Optimize existing data infrastructure and tools to provide improved performance, reduced latency and effective utilization of resources.
- Work closely with data scientists, data engineers, and stakeholders across the company to understand data needs and provide solutions that meet their needs.
- Strong Python skills
- Strong data operations mindset and opinions on next-generation warehouse tools
- Experience with building production grade applications using Python, data warehouse platforms (e.g. Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, …), and relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, …)
- Experience with full-stack development (e.g. Flask, …)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic fluency in Standard Query Language (SQL), C++, and/or TypeScript
- Experience operating a workflow manager such as Airflow
- Experience with data visualization technologies (e.g. Tableau, Looker, …)
- Experience with CI/CD
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $164,000 to $234,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.