Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Graphics
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 9, 2023
The Zoox simulation team is looking for experienced software engineers to take our in-house realtime 3D engine to the next level. You will work closely with simulation engineers and technical artists to improve the fidelity and performance of our 3D engine.
Join us to improve our critical graphics stack and to help realize safe, enjoyable autonomous driving for everyone.
- Develop core rendering features, engine improvements, and tools
- Research and implement rendering techniques
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code
- Analyze workflows and bottlenecks in the production process and identify opportunities for automation to improve efficiency
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering and art teams
- 6+ years of professional experience in relevant domains
- High proficiency in C++
- Extensive experience with at least one modern Graphics API (Vulkan, Direct3D12, Metal)
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Solid understanding of 3D math
- Experience with 3D game engines like Unity or Unreal
- Familiarity with AAA game assets and code pipelines
- Experience with Houdini and/or Maya
- Knowledge of modern rendering techniques (e.g., Physically Based Rendering)
- Experience with ray tracing and related topics
- Experience with Python
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $210,000 to $300,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.