Senior Materials Production Planner
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2023
The Logistics Production Planner is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process. Duties include focusing on strategies to produce our product on the right day, recover any delay in production deliveries, as well as proactively communicate and align production targets with customers' needs.
Our team has a collaborative culture marked by openness and supportive risk-taking. You’ll be part of a passionate team dedicated to making cities safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
- Schedule of production, ensuring optimal production levels to attain customer demand and milestones/deadlines.
- Coordinate with various departments, including procurement, manufacturing, vehicle engineering, and logistics, to ensure smooth production flow and timely availability of materials.
- Coordinate and agree with main stakeholders on the production plan and get approval from the executive team.
- Understand the manufacturing line restrictions to produce the most efficient production plan that meets internal customer requirements.
- Monitor and track production progress, identifying any delays or issues that may impact the schedule, and take appropriate corrective action—estimating the number of working hours required for production.
- Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs and improve production processes and product quality.
- Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to management on time.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in supply chain management or Industrial engineering
- 6+ years of experience in a production planning or scheduling role in a logistics or manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in using ERP production planning software (i.e. SAP, Oracle, etc.) or specialized planning tools
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze production data, generate reports, and derive insights to drive decision-making and process improvements.
- Advanced understanding of supply chain management principles, including demand forecasting, inventory management, and logistics operations
- Masters degree in supply chain management or Industrial engineering
- 8+ years of production planning or scheduling role in a logistics or manufacturing environment
- Automotive industry experience
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or other relevant certification
- Familiarity with the SAP Production Schedule Module
Compensation and Benefits
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $120,000 to $197,000 A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.