Senior Technical Program Manager, Milestone Execution
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
The Program Management Office (PMO) at Zoox is responsible for driving cross-functional program planning and execution at the highest level. We partner with leaders from across the company in vehicle development, system design, software engineering, manufacturing, fleet operations, and business functions to develop and deliver major corporate milestones on the path to launch and beyond.
If you like to work in a fast-paced team that communicates and collaborates closely with the broader Zoox organization but has fun in doing so, we would like to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the execution of a ZR (Zoox Release) company product/service milestone, which will include establishing a milestone execution test strategy and feature lock working with partner functional teams like systems engineering, vehicle engineering, software development, and manufacturing operations.
- Define KPIs and other methods to measure milestone success metrics that best translate progress toward business goals - you will also drive getting appropriate buy-offs on these metrics in executive decision forums.
- Provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders (functional engineering mgmt, engineering leadership, & executive leadership) in various company tracking and decision-making forums (Command Center, ZPR, Weekly All Hands) on ZR program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments.
- Have a strong understanding of one or more of these areas - vehicle platforms, software lifecycle, safety clearance process, and test operations
- Collaborate with software, hardware, systems engineering, and operations teams to burn down issues and flag issues to ensure there is an appropriate handoff to the right team and issues blocking a ZR release have the appropriate amount of attention within the organization.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent engineering experience in lieu of an engineering degree
- At least 8 years of experience in engineering or program management with a focus on product launches and/or validation and testing
- Proven track record of managing complex cross-functional projects
- Experience with automotive or aerospace processes, OR have experience with test platforms, simulation, autonomous vehicles, OR verification & validation (V&V) disciplines
- Proficient in tools or processes required to manage complex projects (i.e., Gantt charts, risk matrix, Smartsheet, JIRA, etc.)
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate at the senior executive level of the organization
- Project Manager Professional certification (PMP) or equivalent
- Experience with autonomous vehicles, test platforms, simulation, and/or automotive or aerospace processes is highly desired
- Experience with developing and scaling strategies, processes, plans, procedures, reporting, and handling escalations
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $167,000 to $277,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.