Systems Architect , Autonomous Driving
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 1, 2023
Our group’s mission is to work with teams across Zoox to analyze and address gaps in systems design and verification, to ensure we follow best practices on both sides of the classic “V” model. We are seeking an experienced Systems Software Manager. In this critical leadership role, you will be managing a team of systems and software architects focused on the design and development of tooling for configuration management, networking performance, time synchronization, outcome-based driving metrics, and diagnostics. You will collaborate closely with other SW, HW, systems, and test teams across Zoox to ensure that our tooling, performance, and other metrics support the company's milestones.
- Lead systems and software engineering working on tooling for configuration management, networking performance (CAN and Ethernet), time synchronization, outcome-based driving metrics (behavioral and stability), and diagnostics.
- Develop and manage comprehensive project timelines and milestones, aligning them with Zoox's strategic objectives and deadlines.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration between your team and other system and test teams across Zoox, promoting a unified approach to all projects.
- Enforce strict quality control measures to deliver robust, high-performing, and secure software solutions.
- Regularly analyze and interpret project performance metrics, using these insights to drive continuous improvement in process efficiency and product quality.
- Mentor and support your team, fostering an environment that encourages growth and continuous learning.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in systems software development, with 5+ years in a leadership role managing system/software architects.
- Proven experience with communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet, and Ethernet time-synch.
- Proficient understanding of time synchronization, configuration management, and diagnostic tools.
- Familiarity with outcome-based driving metrics, both behavioral and stability-related.
- Master’s degree or higher
- Previous experience in an autonomous driving or automotive technology company.
- Proven ability to manage and lead diverse teams, creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of explaining complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- Self-motivated, able to operate independently, and make crucial decisions under pressure.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.