Senior Technical Program Manager, AI & Autonomy
Software Engineering, IT, Operations, Data Science
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 8, 2023
The Program Management Office (PMO) at Zoox is responsible for driving cross-functional program planning and execution at the highest level. We partner with leaders from across the company in vehicle development, system design, software engineering, manufacturing, fleet operations, and business functions to develop and deliver major corporate milestones on the path to launch, and beyond. Our program managers contribute to the end to end success of technical, integrated product milestones involving both of our vehicle platforms - the Toyota Highlander test fleet and Zoox’s purpose-built robotaxi.
The Sr. Technical Program Manager for AI & Autonomy on PMO is a seasoned program management expert and cross-functional leader that will be responsible for strategic planning and execution of technical and integrated product milestones for our vehicle platforms on our path to launch. This person will work on programs to develop and improve our autonomous driving system metrics and capabilities, data collection operations, validation methods, and data infrastructure, ultimately enabling our robotaxi to serve riders in a rapidly expanding operational design domain.
- You will partner with a wide range of department managers to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed technical roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables
- You will influence key decisions working cross-functionally across engineering, product, operations, and strategy to reach the right outcomes
- You will establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- You will define and develop new KPIs and other methods to measure performance that best translate progress toward goals
- You will ensure the program goals are aligned with business objectives; build and sustain momentum among cross-functional TPMs and workstreams towards delivering on time and on target
- You will maintain a strong technical understanding of our vehicle platforms, software lifecycle, safety clearance process, and test operations
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting with a focus on product launches
- Success in driving complex SW/HW integration processes and optimizations, and leading complex cross-functional programs end to end
- Comfortable leading through ambiguity and enabling teams to perform in this environment
- Proficient in tools or processes required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt chart, risk matrix, Smartsheet, Jira, etc.)
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills are a must, ability to create visualizations of KPIs and program risks
- PMP or equivalent
- Experience with autonomous vehicles, test platforms, simulation, and automotive or aerospace processes is highly desired
- Experience with developing and scaling strategy, processes, plans, procedures, reporting, and handling escalations
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $180,000 to $265,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.