Digital Manufacturing Engineer, Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
As a Digital Manufacturing Engineer, you will be developing and maintaining the digital manufacturing processes in 3DX that support our transition from a pilot line to serial production. This position aims to develop robust, efficient, and scalable processes for our current production, and ensure the process integrity for our future ramp-up.
In this role, you will:
- Develop robust, efficient, scalable manufacturing processes and establish best practices and standards for creating MBOM and BOP (Bill of Process) for Advanced Hardware Manufacturing Operation’s (AHMO) products
- Work alongside AHMO Manufacturing Engineers and PLM to release and maintain the accuracy of the Engineering BOM (eBOM) and Manufacturing BOM (mBOM)
- Support MBOM & BOP creation in 3DX DELMIA for integration with SAP S/4 and SAP-ME
- Perform process simulations and troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Develop standardized work instructions and automation scripts to enhance and streamline manufacturing processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in using 3DX DELMIA
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing new manufacturing processes and developing standardized work instructions and process sheets
- Experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience
- EKL scripting experience
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $128,000 to $210,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.