Senior/Staff Cloud Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Zoox is looking for a Senior or Staff level Cloud Engineer to help us achieve our mission of providing Autonomous Mobility. This individual will work cross-functionally with multiple engineering teams at Zoox to support the best practice use of AWS services. The Cloud Engineer will also have the opportunity to build the Zoox Cloud Center of Excellence from the ground up.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain the technical and business relationship with Zoox and its cloud providers.
- Understand and implement AWS best practices for security, operations, cost management, resiliency, and performance of the Zoox cloud platforms.
- Understanding and maintaining costs of Zoox cloud platform.
- Work to implement a cloud center of excellence.
- Understanding of AWS products and services in a production environment (e.g., infrastructure, capacity planning, scalability, backups, storage, security best practices, emerging technologies, BCP, DRP and IR)
- Knowledge of cloud computing strategies and architecture (e.g. multi-cloud hybrid, multi-user)
- Familiarity with challenges associated with distributed compute and storage technologies
- Familiarity with cost optimization practices within AWS ecosystems (e.g., total cost of ownership, cloud cost optimization tools, cost reporting services)
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams Engineering/Operations/Business Units to achieve business objectives
- Understanding of AI/ML AWS services and best practices
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $180,000 to $250,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.