Application Administrator - Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE)
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
The IT Applications group owns and operates a growing number of large and unique applications; we currently have over 100 applications and services to support. Application Administrators, with a focus on CAE applications, will own applications and will collaborate closely with stakeholders regarding upgrades, maintenance, pipelines, reporting, monitoring, documentation and feature requests.
In this role, the employee will be surrounded with exceptional peers and will be exposed to many challenging tasks with many opportunities to learn and grow
- Support on-prem and Cloud based CAE applications and troubleshoot/resolve daily production issues
- Application license management and provide license usage metrics as needed to the business
- Participate in discussion related to Hardware/Storage cluster changes with internal and external stakeholders and coordinate changes
- Work with stakeholders on features, upgrades, migrations, and integrations
- Monitor application performance via established practices and methods
- Manage workflows and in-application configurations to meet stakeholder needs
- Evaluate new tools and services with other members of the team
- Act as escalation point for Client Services team (helpdesk)
- Subject Matter Expert on commercial-off-the-shelf CAE applications
- Basic Windows and Linux administration skills
- Experience with License management tools, OpenLM or similar
- Knowledge in general User administration/AD, Security, Network, Storage, Virtualization and backups
- Create light automation tasks, experience with SQL queries
- Proven history of supporting solving models via compute clusters
- Ability to take ownership of an application and evangelize its proper use
- Experience with tools like LS-Dyna, Ansys, Altair, ANSA, PreonLabs, Oasys, etc.
- Experience in both on-premise solutions as well as SaaS applications
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $137,000 to $173,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.