Senior Platform Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
The Software HIL (Hardware-in-the-Loop) team ensures that the testing environment for the system and subsystem improves in uptime, reliability, and feature set. To aid the adoption of our testing framework for use by other teams, the SW HIL team collaborates in test development and maintains key tests that exercise the functionality of the testing framework.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic, self-starting Senior Platform Engineer to join our Systems Reliability and Stability team. This position will be responsible for ensuring the upkeep, design, and maintenance of various engineering services. You will oversee and collaborate with other teams to ensure the high uptime of our robot testing platforms while measuring and improving their stability, accuracy, and usability.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for measuring and maintaining the uptime of various services critical to the development of autonomous vehicles such as testing and validation of on-vehicle software for hardware platforms.
- Be involved with all phases of rolling out different services; from design, deployment, operations, automation, and continuous improvement
- Work with systems handling large volumes of data and data processing pipelines while performing compute-intensive tasks on CPUs and GPUs
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience supporting multiple in-production services, on-call rotations, and SRE responsibilities
- Proficient in Python or Golang
- Experience building observability stack, instrumentation, open-telemetry
- Linux system administration experience, troubleshooting kernel issues, device driver development
- Built software services from scratch, owned and managed full-stack applications
- Experience with CI toolchains such as Bamboo, Bazel, and test frameworks such as Pytest
- Experience managing infrastructure using IaC tools such as Terraform and Pulumi
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $139,000 to $230,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.