Senior Systems Engineer, Autonomous Vehicle Diagnostics and Health Monitoring
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
Our group’s mission is to work with teams across Zoox to analyze and address gaps in systems design and verification, to ensure we follow best practices on both sides of the classic “V” model. We are seeking an experienced Diagnostics SW/systems engineer to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for driving and aligning key systems diagnostics and health monitoring metrics across our autonomous vehicle projects, ensuring that we meet the high standards set for performance, safety, efficiency, and innovation. The successful candidate will possess a strong technical background, be skilled in SW development and data analytics, and have a deep understanding of how to drive and use metrics to achieve program objectives.
- Lead the definition, development, tracking, and management of diagnostics and health monitoring metrics for autonomous vehicle projects, ensuring alignment with company goals.
- Drive cross-functional initiatives, working closely with engineering, operations, product management, and other teams to align projects and initiatives with strategic objectives.
- Implement and refine processes for data collection, validation, and reporting on diagnostics and health monitoring metrics as well as debugging.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to translate technical requirements and constraints into metrics and milestones.
- Facilitate communications across teams and stakeholders, ensuring transparency and alignment on project status, risks, and opportunities.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, identifying opportunities to optimize processes and systems based on stability and performance metrics.
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision making, providing guidance and training as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in SW development (C++ and Python).
- Demonstrated experience in metrics tracking and reporting.
- Understanding of software and hardware diagnostics, particularly over Ethernet and CAN.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and diagnostics software.
- Understanding of autonomous vehicle technologies, including machine learning, sensor systems, robotics, and software developments
- Experience with Databricks and Looker
- Course in Ethernet and familiarity with CAN networks
- Systems engineering background
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $162,000 to $266,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.