Technical Program Manager - Software Systems Engineering
Software Engineering, IT, Operations
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Zoox has embarked on a highly ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for our cities. As a technical program manager with Software Systems Engineering, you will work cross-functionally with engineering leaders across software, systems and design engineering, product and turn-key external vendors to drive our corporate strategy into tactical and detailed road maps that facilitate effective execution at each stage of our growth curve. You will work with each engineering team to derive and interpret software process requirements, develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate ongoing progress.
- Understand, plan and track development and implementation of software safety engineering practices, to meet industry standards throughout Zoox’s software organization.
- Work with department leaders to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables
- Create and deliver technical presentations that explain program initiatives to downstream consumer teams
- Confer with engineers and consumer teams to assess systems needs and requirements
- Demonstrate, test, and deploy engineering product initiatives
- Analyze, determine and provide information needed for the development of software products to all relative stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders and Finance team in order to define and track resource requirements (headcount and budget)
- Work with Infrastructure teams to define and drive building of necessary tooling and developer infrastructure to enable software teams
- Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Set the agenda for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks
- BS or MS degree in computer science, robotics engineering or equivalent job experience
- Has 3+ years experience in a software development role
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering lead, program manager, or management consultant
- Deep familiarity with software, systems engineering or automotive development processes
- Strong track record of managing complex cross-functional projects
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Experience working with standards such as ISO26262, ARP4754, ARP4761, DO-178, IEC 61508, MIL-882
- Bigger bonus for experience working with Part-6 of ISO26262
- Good understanding of autonomous driving / mobile robots software architecture
- Experience working with teams developing embedded software in the automotive or aerospace industry
- Strong understanding of the V-model of systems engineering for software development
- Have experience authoring software requirements, developing software architectures or software validation strategies for electro mechanical systems
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $146,000 to $210,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.