Manager, In-Vehicle Software QA
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
Delivering a successful robotaxi offering is the result of a harmonious convergence between software, operations, services, and end-users. Testing these entities as a comprehensive system on a continuous basis is a complex endeavor that requires creative, innovative engineering—requiring a myriad of skills and talents.
As the In-vehicle Software QA Manager, you will be tasked with managing a high performing team of SDETs and QAEs to design and implement complex system tests that need to be continuously executed. This responsibility requires cross-functional collaboration with developers, product managers, TPMs, designers, and the PMO. Partnering with your manager, you will also provide success metrics and propose plans for team growth and development. Successful candidates should demonstrate current hands-on technical skills, managerial ability, and have a “shift-left” mentality—focusing on pushing quality upstream.
- Own the technical direction for quality and testing for Zoox’s in-vehicle services software components and systems.
- Work with the Services QA manager to establish a roadmap and metrics for success.
- Propose data-driven testing solutions and designs for automated system testing by evaluating current test automation frameworks and tooling gaps.
- Manage a team of highly technical SDETs and functional QAEs to deliver products on a two-week sprint cycle.
- Work with technical program managers to establish delivery goals, timelines, and productivity metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with the rest of the QA organization and PMO to deliver Zoox’s vision as a comprehensive product.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related STEM field.
- 10+ years of experience as a hands-on technical tester or developer.
- 3+ years of experience performing managerial duties that include resource balancing, project management, people management, and team growth and development.
- Experience with testing hardware/software components that involve high user interaction.
- Experience with designing and implementing mobile test automation solutions.
- Experience with integrating multiple test frameworks to form a cohesive system testing solution.
- A hands-on self-starter who has experience in fast-paced environments leading highly technical teams making design and implementation decisions.
- Previous experience in the AV industry.
- Previous experience managing DevOps and creating CI/CD solutions.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $185,000 to $225,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.