Software Engineer - Calibration
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2020
Our Calibration, Localization, and Mapping (CLAMS) team is responsible for building the algorithms and tools necessary for keeping Zoox vehicles well calibrated, always knowing where they’re located within the world, and aware of their environment. Without precise calibration, localization, and mapping our vehicles would be at a disadvantage when it comes to perceiving and reasoning about the surrounding world, and is therefore foundational in enabling results from many other teams across Zoox. This work is critical for scaling autonomous driving in a safe and reliable way. We are looking for engineers who are ambitious and excited about helping Zoox deliver on its goals to deliver autonomous mobility.
- Clearly observing the world is crucial to the safe operation of an autonomous vehicle; everything that relies on sensor data needs that sensor data to be well-understood. As a Calibration Software Engineer, you will work closely with our Algorithms teams to implement and validate cutting edge sensor calibration algorithms in a massively distributed computing environment. By building reliable and fast calibration software and tools, your work will affect the entire vehicle fleet, every day. You will develop real-time on-vehicle calibration monitoring processes and metrics to ensure that our vehicles always operate with the best possible sensor calibration.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- At least 7 years of industry experience developing software
- Fluency in C++
- Proficiency in Python
- Attention to detail and a strong desire to build safe, correct, and defensive software
- Strong linear algebra skills
- Experience with state estimation and optimization for sensor calibrations
- Experience with spatial data structures
- Proficiency in probability and statistics
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $160,000 to $235,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?