Software Engineer - Perception
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2020
Zoox is looking for a software engineer to join our Perception team and help us build novel architectures for classifying and understanding the complex and dynamic environments in our cities. In this role, you will have access to the best sensor data in the world and an incredible infrastructure for testing and validating your algorithms. We are creating new algorithms for segmentation, tracking, classification, and high-level scene understanding, and you could work on any (or all!) of these components.
We're looking for engineers with advanced degrees and experience building perception pipelines that work with real data in rapidly changing and uncertain environments.
- Master's degree or PhD in computer science or related field
- Fluency in C++
- Experience with modern computer vision techniques
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Demonstrated ability to create functional realtime systems that solve difficult perception tasks
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- Strong mathematical skills and understanding of probabilistic techniques
- Publications in your field (CVPR, ICCV, RSS, ICRA preferred)
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Experience with realtime sensor fusion (e.g. LiDAR, camera, radar)
- Experience with novel pipelines and architectures for convolutional neural nets
- Experience with 3D data and representations (pointclouds, meshes, etc.)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $173,000 to $278,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.