Senior Software Engineer - Build
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2020
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the build process for our fast-growing, safety-critical, autonomous vehicle software. This will involve configuring and upgrading compilers, profiling and optimizing the build process, and ultimately being a go-to person for any build-related questions. We have a solid foundation using Bazel in a monolithic repository along with a remote build farm and cache that we want to further improve into a world-class development experience. We are looking for a passionate developer who enjoys diving into the details of compilers and linkers and empowering developers with tools and metrics to support our fast-paced development culture.
- Create, maintain and support tooling used by software engineers to edit, build, and test code.
- Integrate software quality tools into our build system and development workflow (code coverage, static/dynamic analysis, include-what-you-use)
- Build tools and dashboards to empower developers to ship better software faster
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, mathematics, or related field and 7+ years of relevant experience
- Linux experience
- Familiarity with maintaining large polyglot code bases
- Comfortable writing Python to integrate tools and automate as much as possible
- C++ experience
- Bazel build system familiarity
- Familiarity with code analysis tools such as clang-tidy, valgrind, and Coverity
- Experience with gRPC
- Familiarity with WekaFS or other high-performance filesystems
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $179,000 to $294,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.