Operations Program Manager
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
The Operations Program Manager is a supply chain-focused operations role that supports development and production of complex module assemblies at supplier sites in order to ensure on-time development and delivery of products. They will manage the overall production readiness at a given point in the supply chain, including resource allocation, production scheduling, incoming material readiness and coordination between different production stages up and down the chain.
In this role, you will:
- Lead supplier operations by planning and executing development builds and new product ramps with module suppliers to ensure part availability and overall quality
- Drive ramp readiness with suppliers by looking at design status/release dates, component availability (CTB), equipment availability/readiness/buyoff, staffing, capacity planning, and developing I/O plans
- Work cross-functionally with product engineering, manufacturing, test hardware, procurement, supplier quality, and tooling engineering teams to support ramp readiness and help identify/manage ‘Ok2Build’ & ‘Ok2Ship’ gates
- Communicate overall engagement and project status and risk clearly to internal management, calling out key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional teams
- Support engineering and supply chain teams with risk management by balancing testing milestones vs critical kickoff dates
- Communicate material requirement dates to suppliers for deliveries to next tier in the supply chain (sub-tier suppliers)
- Support supplier communication of supply/delivery plans to next tier in the supply chain (sub-tier suppliers)
- Help influence design, manufacturing and capacity in support of overall project success
- Support risk release process for tooling/components ahead of CO release (where applicable)
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a hardware supply chain, manufacturing and/or project management role
- Experience in either PCBs, PCBas, or complex vehicle modules such as harnesses and batteries
- Experience with manufacturing environments,, process engineering and/or product development
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, communicating with stakeholders, setting expectations, problem-solving, and prioritizing
- Knowledge of and experience using various program management methodologies, practices, and tools to lead cross-functional projects to deliver high impact strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated strong conceptual and planning skills to analyze projects of broad and diverse scope
- Exceptional communication skills: demonstrated ability to motivate, influence, and impress effectively at various levels
- Ability to travel up to 25%
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $151,000 to $249,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.