Manager, Simulation Data Platform
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Zoox is looking for an engineering manager to lead a highly functional team that’s building a massively scalable platform using microservices, cloud databases and message queues. This mission critical platform will store and serve the simulation metadata and results, integrate with other systems, and provide extremely performant APIs for building a sophisticated UI product.
The “Simulation Data Platform” team is building the foundation that can handle the exponential growth of data and at the same time meet the complex use cases for its consumption. The Simulation Data Platform powers the verification and validation of Zoox’s self-driving software.
As a Simulation Data Platform team leader, you will be responsible to strengthen the team and drive a culture of developing highly available and scalable systems. You and your team will achieve this goal by establishing strong engineering practices and working very closely with all the stakeholders.
- Lead a team of 5-10 software engineers working on a variety of interrelated projects
- Gather, define, and execute on requirements from a large set of customers such as the AI developers, QA engineers, Data Scientists and Triaging teams
- Work cross functionally with other teams to design new systems and feature requests
- Demonstrated ability to develop people and build a strong team.
- Experience driving projects from conception to delivery, by putting together roadmaps and execution plans
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with users to understand key issues and to solve the right problems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in the Java ecosystem
- Experience in building distributed systems
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging systems
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.